This recipe was adapted from the Coconut Bars recipe from Elana Amsterdam. Click here to find the original recipe, then check out the rest of her site. She as great recipes, cookbooks, and all things yummy for people wanting to eat healthier.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1. Mix eggs, coconut milk, oil, coconut nectar, and vanilla in a food processor
2. Pulse in almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut and salt
3. Transfer ingredients into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
5. Cool for ½ hour, then place in refrigerator and serve when chilled,
* Note: Original recipe calls for honey instead of the coconut nectar, and an added 1/8 tsp. stevia.